Hot melt adhesive C 34 on the base of EVA
Hot-melt granular adhesive based on ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) has a high thermal stability and cold resistance. It retains its properties at -25°C, which makes it indispensable in the packaging of frozen foods. It is used for carton and card board boxes sealing in the Freeze Industry (medium speed packaging machines). It is also faint-coloured film, which is suitable for oral types of paper.
It is characterized by high adhesion to non-porous substrates, such as PP- and OPP-laminated cardboard that is why it can be used to straw attachment on juice or milk packages.
Hot melt C 34 is used for:
- Assembly and closure of cardboard boxes and trays;
- Closure of boxes of frozen and deep frozen products;
- Assembly and closure of water repellent-coated cardboard and corrugated paperboard boxes;
- Gluing of drinking straws to treated packages;
- Gluing of paper bag handles and longitudinal seams;
- Polygraphy, souvenir production.
Properties of hot melt adhesive C 34:
- Good adhesion to difficult substrates (treated paper);
- High hot tack;
- Odour and smoke-free;
- Good thermal stability;
- Excellent cold flexibility;
- Resistance to low temperatures;
- High Cohesion;
- Low Viscosity;
- Long storage life;
- Convenience of storage.
Application: can be used in nozzle, roller or another applicator system. Temperatures above 190 °C should be avoided. During extended machine stops it is recommended to switch off the heating.
Storage conditions: glue should be stored in a closed original package under normal cool and dry storage conditions, should be protected from direct sunlight. In such conditions, glue can be stored for at least 24 months without a negative impact on its quality.